Health Trends for 2022
It’s no surprise that staying as healthy as possible will continue to be top priority this year. That priority has been the premise for each Nikken product in every category, whether it’s nutrition, magnetic support, PiMag® water or clean air, since the company began more than 46 years ago.
What are some of the health areas that people may focus on in the year 2022?
• According to the international health insurance company BUPA, Google searches for “gut health” are up by 83% and they predict more people will focus on it in 2022.1 The Nikken organic nutritional supplements that address this are Kenzen Lactoferrin® 2.0, Kenzen® Cleanse & Detox and Kenzen Vital Balance®. All three contain prebiotics and/or probiotics that enhance gut health.
• Some health experts predict that people will pay closer attention to their mental health in 2022. Mental health affects how the brain functions, and is also a byproduct of our individual ways of responding to stress. Relaxing strategies such as spending more time in green spaces or practicing self-care to reduce stress will continue to be a priority in 2022.2 You can also take nutritional supplements that support brain health such as Kenzen® Clarity, a fermented blend of 100% organic ingredients formulated to help you stay focused and mentally sharp, designed to help maximize your cognitive function.*
• The “green generation” of healthcare is growing. Green health professionals blend healthcare with an understanding of the environmental changes that affect people’s health in different parts of the world. They provide healthcare while advocating for the environment.3 Everyone understands the need for clean air and water for optimal health, and Nikken provides the stellar KenkoAir Purifier®, PiMag Waterfall® and PiMag® Sport Bottle that help us decrease our carbon footprint by minimizing plastic waste. Replacing the filters of these components keeps them in top shape for years. Through January 31st, check out our filters replacement promotion where you can get a bonus item whenever you purchase one KenkoAir HEPA filter and one PiMag Waterfall filter together.
• Plant-based-eating articles and meal plans were up 31% in 2021 and it is expected to grow even more as more people choose to eat healthier and more sustainably.4
• Perennial (as opposed to annual) grains like kernza (a new type of wheat) will explode. That is a good thing when it comes to fighting climate change, because perennial grains develop deeper root systems than annuals, and these deep roots help prevent soil erosion and trap harmful greenhouse gases underground, keeping them out of the atmosphere.5
• Kelp and seaweed will make their way into all kinds of products, not just food. Although common to many cultures, farming kelp has been found to pull carbon out of the atmosphere.6 Known as a great source of minerals, such as potassium, iron, calcium, and magnesium, seaweed is also rich in antioxidants and vitamins. A great example of using seaweed not just as food is the improved line of True Elements® Marine Organic Skin Care. A variety of seaweeds are ingredients in these advanced formulations.
• A “new school” of vitamins and supplements will evolve in 2022. Known as “smart” and “forward-thinking” supplements, they not only effectively address nutritional sufficiency but also nurture specific areas of health, from our cells to the whole body. The advancements range from delivery format and options that consider our personalised genetic makeup to strategic ingredient combinations, environmental sustainability, and more.7 Nikken began using this smart, forward-thinking approach in formulating nutritional supplements years ago. Examples include the smart use of fermented ingredients in Kenzen Clarity, the natural stress relievers such as the adaptogen Ashwagandha, turmeric extract and Shisandra in Kenzen® Cleanse & Detox and the “bone buddies” delivery system of Kenzen Calcium Complex and Kenzen BDZ for optimal calcium absorption.
In essence, 2022 is the year that asks each of us how to become healthier and stronger personally while respecting and working together with the environment. At Nikken, we pledge to use and share what we learn to build a bigger, healthier and environmentally-conscious Global Wellness Community!
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
1, 2 https://www.phillyvoice.com/2022-health-trends-diet-alcohol-reduction-male-fertility-sound-healing/
4, 5, 6 https://www.eatingwell.com/article/7935948/top-10-food-nutrition-trends-2022/